Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Performance Poem

Spectrum

It swirls with purple lies,
has gray memories not easy to keep
can be instantly overcome with red desire
or can be spinning with spots of white havoc.
It might flutter with irrepressible yellow excitement
a blanket can suffocate it with orange fear
or it can be coated in blue elation like fondu.
Yet even with these pathways, it can still wander aimlessly with pea-green boredom.

1. The voice in my poem is intense and contemplative. It shows creative personality and thogutful ideas.
2. I will try to express an intense and dramatic mood when I perform this poem in front of the class. However, I will be very embarresed so it might come off sounding unsure and timid.
3. Somehow I will convey 'swirling', 'spinning' and 'flutter with arm movements. I will also wander throughout the audience during the last line.
4. What scares me about the assignment is being alone in front of the class, looking stupid, and embarrasing myself. It will be exciting to watch everyone else perform.
5. Performance poetry makes it easier for the audience to get the mood and tone of the poem and interpret what the author reading it really means. The movement provides a more definate meaning to lines that could be ambiguous. Even just seeing the author and hearing their voice can add a lot more meaning and sense to the poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment